Monday 14 March 2011

Day 14

I just had one of the weirdest job interviews ever.  I pick up the phone and the hiring manager leads into the call by asking if I have any questions.  He then tells me he has a case question, which he completely deviates from when I start to reason through it, and then he asks me if I have more questions!  What?  So weird.

Anyways, the purpose of this entry is not to rant about one of the most awkward conversations I’ve ever had.  Its time for an update on my quest for slenderness!

So, its nearly the half-way point.  There are some definite positives to this diet, but also some things that are keeping me from fully embracing it as a way of life.  Here are my pros and cons:

Pros:
  • I can eat as much as I want of the “approved” foods
  • I don’t feel hungry all the time
  • I feel like I have energy again
  • Cravings for carbs and sweets are way down


Cons:
  • My body fat seems to be redistributing--my jeans are looser, but my arms are fatter
  • I’m pretty sure I’m not losing any weight
  • I have to plan what I eat more closely because most fast-food options involve carbs
  • I’m thirsty all the time


I’m not sure that weight loss will occur without me watching calories along with carbs.  Granted, I haven’t been to the gym in over a week so maybe that’s part of it.  I’m feeling very tempted to give myself a weigh at the gym tonight just to see where I stand.

Mood:  Confused!!!
Jeans:  Fat jeans
Belt notch:  4th notch in


Food
Carbs (g)
Fat (g)
Calories
Protein
Hard-boiled egg
trace
7.6
103

Caesar salad
4
21.3
272
7.9
Roast beef
0.1
2.1
99
20.7
Edam cheese slices
0
14.9
195.6
15.2
2 Chicken drumsticks
0.6
9.8
230
45
30g Mature cheddar
0.0
10.3
123
7.5
3 slices Corned beef
0.5
17.5
285
31.3
Smoked cheese
0
48
600
41.4
Salad
2.1
0.3
15
0.8
 

No comments:

Post a Comment