Saturday 5 March 2011

Day 5

Mood:  Sleepy and headache-y
Jeans:  Fat jeans
Belt notch:  4th notch in

Today I’ve been a bit grumpy.  I had to set my alarm to wake up this morning, and I hate weekends when I have to set my alarm.  I want to wake up naturally and gradually and just lie in a cocoon of warmth for as long as I please.  To add insult to injury, I actually I woke up before my alarm.  Then I was forced out of my bed and into the freezing cold to go to the sketchy mall in Elephant & Castle to buy a mop.  Not a great way to start a Saturday morning.

So, about this damn mop.  We had a cleaning woman come for four hours today to clean our flat as we’re moving in a few days.  She did a good job.  As I had to stay around the flat while she was cleaning I used the time to purge my room of lots of clutter and to file away all sorts of odds and ends.  You would not believe how many tester-sized pots of moisturizer I had.  Anyways, the cleaning and purging is now done.  The place is amazing.  Everything is gleaming and there’s that lemon and pine clean smell.  

Joyce and I have probably eradicated most of that smell in just a few short hours though.  How?  We cooked pork belly!  We followed the instructions on the back of the M&S package and I think it let us down a bit.  Last time we made it, we used a Jamie Oliver recipe and we had the most amazing cracking.  This time, the top didn’t get hard.  It was a bit sad.  We tried to save it by turning on the broiler, but this just burned the top and produced a bunch of smoke.  Goodbye lemony freshness.  

All in all though, the food was good!  Pork belly is one of my favourites; I’m so happy I can eat it.  And now I know, when cooking pork belly you have to cook it for 30 minutes at “full whack” before turning the oven temperature down for the last two hours.  

Food
Carbs (g)
Fat (g)
Calories
Protein
Egg with parma ham
0
9.3
132

Sauteed mushrooms
0
0
39
6
Spinach
1.7
0.9
30
3.1
Chicken thighs
0
24.8
395
40.1
Salad
0
0
15

Broccoli
2.6
0.2
25
3.4
Pork belly
0
40.4
520
38.2

No comments:

Post a Comment