Friday 18 March 2011

Day 18

Things that suck about being fat:
  • Your legs rub together when you walk and make awkward holes in the crotch-area of your jeans (aka “easy access” jeans)
  • Muffin top
  • The way your thighs spread out when you sit in a chair
  • Double chins
  • Back fat
  • Trying to squeeze between rows at the movies or chairs in a restaurant
  • The torture that is retail fitting rooms, unflattering light and all
  • Feeling like people are judging you when you buy food at the grocery store or order at a restaurant
  • People thinking you’re stupid
  • People thinking you don’t exercise or don’t have will power
  • Feeling self-conscious... all the time
  • Lack of confidence

Are there others that I’m missing? I’m sure there are.  Feel free to add to my list!
So, why the list?  I was mentally cataloging all these issues this morning on my train ride into work.  I think the list has value on two levels:  1) it motivates me to stick to my diet and 2) it reminds me to be empathetic towards heavier people.
I don't think people have much empathy for the overweight.  Most people think  that fat people bring it on themselves.  That they lack self control.  That they’re lazy.  Even formerly fat people do it.  They lost the weight.  If they can do it, so can that other fat slob.  But its not that easy.  I know.  And losing the weight is just one battle.  The war is keeping the weight off.  Right now I’m engaged in hand-to-hand combat.
Mood:  TGIF
Jeans:  Fat jeans
Belt notch:  4th notch in
PS-Since I don’t have Internet at home you won’t see any more postings until Monday.  Have a great weekend!

Food
Carbs (g)
Fat (g)
Calories
Protein
Scrambled Eggs
trace
15.2
206
 
Bacon
1
5.5
83
7.3
1/2 Chicken
6.2
4.8
270
 
Salad
3
0.5
20

Lamb
1
6.4
192
32.8
Broccoli
2.6
0.2
25
3.4

No comments:

Post a Comment