Wednesday 9 March 2011

Day 9

Today I have writer’s block.  I can’t seem to think of anything interesting to write about.  Work again is boring.  To kill time I’ve been looking for nice bars to take my parents’ friends to on Friday after work; I can’t imagine they’d enjoy standing and being jostled in a crowded pub in central London.  I’m starting to run out of things to do.  

Just in general I’ve been finding things boring.  When people ask me what’s up or what’s new, I have basically nothing.  How I miss the student days where I had time to take trips and everyone was around for parties and fun activities.  I need to get back to experiencing London more--exploring neighbourhoods, trying new bars and restaurants, going to events, and traveling outside of London.  If you want to join me in these endeavours drop me a line.

A friend of mine passed on this (apparently) Italian saying to me:  Happiness is having something to do, someone to love, and something to look forward to.  Back during the MBA I was feeling optimistic about the “something to do” part of the equation, but I’m finding work directionless and unfulfilling.  And I feel like I’m banging my head against a wall with job applications.  I’m at a loss for what to do.  In a way, I feel like I’ve regressed.  I’m currently doing a contract job that is not challenging and has no future.  Shouldn’t I have had this job when I was 22?  Shouldn’t I now be building a career in my chosen field?  Well, I always was a late bloomer.  

The second part, “someone to love” is equally pitiful.  I am so thankful for my friends and family, but its about damn time I got myself a boyfriend.  For some reason I can’t seem to find a situation where there is both compatibility (intellectual, interests, values) AND chemistry.  And lately I’ve become a hermit.  Why bother?  I suppose I’ll have to start online dating or something.  I did eHarmony before and I hated it.  It was a lot of work, and all the guys I met felt like my brother.  Ew.

Well, at least I have things to look forward to!  I am looking forward to some sushi and girl-time on Friday night, the Affordable Art fair on Sunday, and I’m looking forward to NYC in April/May!  And hopefully I’ll have a trip to Jordan and Israel to look forward to too.  

And I’m looking forward to losing some weight on this damn diet.  I can’t tell if anything has changed.  I’m probably going to have to break down and weigh myself this weekend.  I’m keen to know if there has been progress, as I have my eye on some dresses...

Mood:  Bored
Jeans:  Fat jeans
Belt notch:  5th notch in


Food
Carbs (g)
Fat (g)
Calories
Protein
Chipolata sausages
1.4
37.2
450
26.6
Hard-boiled egg
trace
7.6
103

Bacon
1
5.5
83
7.3
1/2 Roasted Pepper
5.1
0.3
28
0.8
Pastrami
1.4
3.1
114.8
20.1
Edam Cheese (100g)
0
24.9
326
25.3
Tomatoes
6.2
0.6
40
1.4
Salad with pesto dressing
2.8
0.4
20
1.1
Lamb
0.96
6.4
192
32.8
Sautéed mushrooms
1.2
1.5
39
5.4
 

No comments:

Post a Comment