Thursday 3 March 2011

Day 3

Call me paranoid, but carbs are EVERYWHERE.  I think they’re taunting me.  I turn around and there’s a pastry, snuck up behind me, all “Gotchya!  You can’t have me.”  Carts of cupcakes and scones are rolling by, trying to seduce me over to the dark side.  I’m pretty sure that the crisps are laughing at me.  

And when I’m not confronted by actual food, I’m confronted by images of food.  I swear that every other commercial on TV is for food--either for a supermarket or for confectionery.  And then there’s the cooking shows--Jamie Oliver, Heston, Come Dine With Me, Masterchef, Ready Steady, Cook.  Thank God I only have 10 channels.

So far I’ve held firm.  Its only day 3.  Even I can hold out this long.  And I guess I’m grudgingly thankful for this blog, which is helping to hold me to my promises.  But honestly, I’m not sure how people make a life out of this diet.  With all the eggs and meat and cheese, I’m beginning to fear that I’ll develop a cholesterol problem.  And then there’s the no carbs or sugar part, which, for someone who daydreams about opening a bakery, is particularly difficult.  I hope it will get easier as the diet becomes routine.  

Mood:  Paranoid
Jeans:  Fat jeans
Belt notch:  4th notch in


Food
Carbs (g)
Fat (g)
Calories
Protein
Hard-boiled eggs
trace
15.2
206

Sausages
0.9
21.9
281
19.6
Iceberg lettuce salad
0
0
15

Roasted chicken leg
0.6
17.7
295
32.4
Spinach
0.8
0.4
15
1.5
Asparagus
2
0.6
25
2.9
Chicken wrapped in parma ham
4.8
20.9
340
34.2
 

No comments:

Post a Comment